FAQ Personal Injury
What to do after a personal injury?
• Obtain legal advice immediately. Limitation periods govern most types of personal injury. By consulting with Metrotown Law Group after an accident we can help ensure no limitation periods are missed that would bar your right of recovery.
• Consult with a doctor. Prompt medical attention will not only help you recover from your injury but it will provide an important record to document your complaints and the steps you took to try to get better.
• Document the accident. Because even the best memories fade with time, it is important to record as much as you can about the accident that caused your injury. Take pictures, make notes, and obtain the names of witnesses. A good personal injury lawyer will use these things to help you get the compensation you deserve.
• Keep a pain journal for the benefit of your legal counsel. If your lawyer asks you to do this, a pain journal is a confidential document that you can review in preparation for such things as examinations for discovery, expert medical assessments, and trial.
• Keep track of your expenses. Every cost you incur as a result of your injury should form part of your eventual settlement. Even your mileage and parking to attend medical appoints are legitimate parts of your claim. Keep records and receipts to ensure you are paid what you deserve.
When you have suffered an injury, don’t take it lying down.
Consult with the experienced personal injury lawyers at Metrotown Law Group to ensure your rights are protected.
Back to FAQ
At Metrotown Law Group we only represent injured people. Once we are retained, we revoke any authorizations ICBC has so it cannot obtain any medical records without going through us first. We also communicate with ICBC for you and provide a safe and confidential sounding board for you to discuss things about your personal injury claim without worrying that the things you say can be used by ICBC against you. Consultations are free and have no obligation. Don’t make any decisions regarding your ICBC personal injury claim without talking to Metrotown Law Group first
Metrotown Law Group offers risk-free, contingency billing for car accident claims. This means our legal fee will be a percentage of your personal injury settlement or judgment and is not payable until you get your money from ICBC. In the event you recover nothing for your case, you will owe us nothing. We can guarantee this because with nearly 20 years of combined experience, and over thousands of car accident cases, Metrotown Law Group has never failed to get fair compensation for a client with an ICBC injury claim
How much is my ICBC settlement
Do I have to go to trial?
Tips to maximize your settlement
Metrotown Law Group
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Car Accident Lawyer
Mon-Fri: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Evening and Weekend